As I mentioned in this entry, the Messenger team has released a beta of Messenger 7.0. The beta is packed with cool features. I thought I’d share my 5 favorite new features.
- Nudges. Almost everyone I’ve talked to about the beta loves nudges. I love being able to grab the attention of the person they’re IMing with.
- Message Recall. Message Recall automatically inserts the last couple of lines from your Message History into the conversation window every time a new conversation window opens. I love the context this provides. I have a lot of conversations that end up spread out over a couple of hours, sometimes even days and it helps me to understand where the conversation left off.
- Winks. Winks are like emoticons, only better. Winks are full screen automations that play over the top of the conversation window.
- Display Pictures in the signin toast. When someone logs into the Messenger service the notification you receive includes a "thumbnail" view of their display picture. This makes it easy to tell if one of your contacts has changed their display picture.
- The new Main Window. The main window has been updated with a new way of displaying statuses for your contacts.
Well that is my list. Did I leave out your favorite feature? Leave a comment and let me know!