New and Improved Steps:
Old, outdated steps. Please don’t use.
A lot of folks would like to run Messenger 7 without tabs. This is definitely one of the top feature requests for Messenger 7.
Currently there isn’t any way to turn off tabs in the UI. But, there is a workaround. It isn’t easy, but if you really want to get rid of those tabs here is what you do:
- Uninstall Messenger 7.0 Beta
- Install 6.2 from here.
- Once you have 6.2 installed open the main window.
- From the main window pick Tools, Options from the menu.
- Choose the Privacy tab.
- Check the "This is a shared computer so don’t display my tabs" box.
- Install Messenger 7.0 Beta from here.
Your reward for all that effort should be a slick, streamlined Messenger 7.0 Beta main window that doesn’t have tabs.
Is there something bugging you about the beta? Let me know! Post a comment or send me mail.