Note: This post may apply to users in North America only. If you’re outside of North America your mileage may vary.
One of the cool new features in MSN Messenger 7 is what the Messenger team calls "single click download". Now, why they call it "single click" when it takes really takes at least three clicks to download something, I dunno.
But, regardless of the name, the feature really is cool
In Messenger 6.2 if you wanted to change you display picture you had to:
- Browse the web
- Find the picture you liked
- Download it
- Click on Tools, change my display picture (or the 6.2 equivalent menu choice)
- Browse to where you had download the picture
- Select it
Not too bad, but it could have been easier, eh? In 7.0 the Messenger team did make it easier — that’s where "single click download" comes in.
I just noticed that American Greetings has made some cool display pictures available to download for free. To access these:
- From the menu click Actions, Get More From Messenger, Packs.
You may get a warning about automatically signing into a website for this product using Passport. Click OK if you do.
This will open an IE window "Blue Mountain for MSN Messenger".
- Click "Display Pictures" in the navigation bar across the top.
- Click in the word "More" next to the text "Select a Display Picture from our gallery of hundreds of Regular Pictures."
- Browse for a picture you like.
- Click on it.
- Click the "Download" button.
- Enter your email address.
- Click Download again.
And that’s it! You now have a new display picture. American Greetings has a great selection of free display pictures. I’ve found several that I’ve downloaded. Check it out, I’ll bet you’ll find one you’ll like as well.