1. From the system tray, near the system click, click on the McAfee Security Center icon to open the main console.
2. Click on Internet & Network, in the McAfee Security Center window and click on Configure.
3. Click on Advanced and check if option “ON” is selected to enable Firewall protection.
4. On the left had pane, select Program Permissions.
5. Click on Add Allowed Programs, to include the application is the firewall allow list.
6. Browse to the desired path. If you are using Windows Live Messenger 8.1, browse for Windows Live Messenger by going to C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MSNMSGR.exe. If you are using Windows Live Messenger 8.5 or later, browse for Windows Live Messenger by going to C:\Program Files\Windows Live\ Messenger\MSNMSGR.exe.
7. Click on Open to select the file. The default path will appear as below.
8. Windows Live Messenger will now be listed in the Program Permissions list with Full Access Permission as show below.