1. Click the Start button on the Windows task bar, and then click on Run.
2. On the Run dialog box type in regedit.exe or just type in regedit on the Open box as on example below and then Click on the OK button.
3. The figure below shows an example of the Registry Editor window, click to highlight My Computer on the Registry Editor window.
4. On the Registry Editor taskbar, click on File and then select Export.
5. After you click on Export, the Export Registry File window will appear. Enter the filename for your registry file as shown on the example below (backupregistry_june2009), then click on the Save button to save your registry file. Please take note of the location where you will save the registry file. You can save the file on the Desktop or in My Documents.