This issue occurs because one of the previous installations puts the computer in a restart pending state.
- Restart your computer
- Visit http://download.live.com
- Click on the Download button
- When the file download dialog pops up, click on Run to launch the installation wizard
- Re-install Windows Live Essentials
If the steps above don’t work, try the steps below:
- Clear the entries in the Windows Installer database by using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
a. Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from this site: http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exeStart the utility. (Click
b. Start, click All Programs and then click Windows Install Clean Up.
c. On the list of Installed Products, select all instances that have (All Users) Windows Live on it. To make sure that you are removing the right programs, click on one item at a time then click on the Remove button until all entries with (All Users) Windows Live are deleted from the list.
d. Click "Exit."
2. Restart your computer to make sure that all changes made will take effect.
3. Install the latest version of the Windows Live Programs from the Windows Live Essentials website: http://download.live.com